177: Tero Isokauppila – All Things Mushrooms & Creativity
“Mushrooms are more playful, more loving, and more nurturing…”
Welcome to today’s episode of NION Radio where we’re talking to Tero Isokauppila, a mushroom guru who took us on an epic trip to Finnish Lapland this past January. From regular mushrooms to psilocybin, the magic mushrooms, Tero knows all about it. He even writes books and speaks all over the world about the part mushrooms play in creativity and the creation of stories.
A product of his upbringing, he credits his creativity and inspiration to nature. He is also an outspoken advocate for the resurgence of non-addictive substances as an outlet for self-exploration.
Listen in to today’s episode to learn how Tero found his calling in mushrooms, why he developed his business around them, and what these mushrooms can do for your health.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And please leave me a Rating and Review!
“A lot of things in nature don’t want to be eaten — including plants.”
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- How Tero Isokauppila got involved with mushrooms [3:38]
- Tero’s children’s book on the true origin of Santa Claus [5:20]
- The world’s most famous mushroom that nobody knows [5:50]
- Which mushrooms can help your health [10:30]
- The king of all mushrooms [13:55]
- Why you shouldn’t eat mushrooms raw [15:43]
- Tero’s favorite mushroom [17:05]
- Some of the most expensive edible mushrooms [17:40]
- How mushrooms help with creativity [19:08]
- Tero’s travel philosophy [24:10]
- How Tero stays healthy on the road [26:45]
- Tero’s experience with ayahuasca [32:18]
- The value and validity of microdosing [40:23]
- Different dosages of mushrooms [42:25]
- How important is psychedelic drug research [47:10]