178: 21 Things I Learned This Year
“There’s people that don’t learn from their mistakes, people that do learn from their mistakes, and people who learn from other peoples’ mistakes — I want to be the third one.”
Welcome to today’s episode of NION Radio where we’re reflecting on the past year. I will be talking about the things I learned in the past year that have had the greatest impact on my life. I have too many to count, but this list includes 21 things that I want to pass on to you so that you can begin to set your intentions for the new year ahead.
I, for one, dug myself out of depression this year through experimenting with psychedelics and proactively working towards a healthy work balance, and I am thrilled to be moving into a more expansive brand direction next year.
Listen in to hear Nick share some of the most important things he learned in 2019 and what he is looking forward to in the new year.
Join me as I unpack this list:
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And please leave me a Rating and Review!
“You are a spiritual being having a human experience in, like, a meat suit.”
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- How Nick got himself out of a depression [5:30]
- Should psychedelics be considered drugs [8:10]
- Ways psychedelics can be used to rewire the brain [9:00]
- What is the shadow of your psyche [12:00]
- How ayahuasca can be therapeutic [13:00]
- Nick’s experience growing up in a religious family [13:50]
- How to untether from your thoughts. [17:00]
- How to create life balance [17:45]
- What self-care is [24:00]
- Nick’s goals for the new year [34:35]