119: Nick Onken – 7 Tips on Making Friends in New Cities
Your relationships and your network are huge key components of success.
Today I’m talking about a question that was recently asked by previous podcast guest Andy Murphy, who teaches neurlinguistic programming for peak performance, in my Nion Life community on Facebook. How do you make friends when you arrive in a new place?
Creating a community in a new city and meeting people can be a challenge, but I’ve got seven tips to help you get started. Having a global network can be really awesome, so it’s all about getting out of your comfort zone and becoming the person you want to meet.
Building relationships takes time and effort and pushing yourself out of your comfort zone.
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- The importance of creating a network [1:50]
- Create a global network [3:05]
- Start with friends of friends [3:40]
- Drop a post on Facebook [4:30]
- Find meet ups or groups of common interest [4:45]
- Force yourself out of your comfort zone [5:05]
- Be the person that you want to meet [6:45]
- Ask to connect [7:30]
- Stay in touch [7:50]
- Listen to my episode with Andy Murphy
- Join the Nion Life community on Facebook
- Check out artist Jun-Pierre Shiozowa
- Listen to my episode with Vanessa Van Edwards