180: Jason Harris – The Soulful Art of Persuasion
“Whenever I hear a no, I think it’s a no for now.”
Hey guys! I’m super excited because we have lots of fun stuff coming up this year. It’s 2020 — the year of vision and getting clear on where I’m going and what I’m creating, so today I’m sitting down with Jason Harris. He has been in advertising for 20 years and is the Founder of the advertising agency, Mechanism.
Now, Jason is the author of the fantastic new book, The Soulful Art of Persuasion. It is all about building long-term relationships that turn into creative collaborations and business collaborations. We had a great conversation about being generous with your time and resources, what inspired him to write this book, and what he thinks of the show Mad Men.
Listen in to learn how to make the most of professional contacts, how to keep a healthy balance between your business and your humanity, and when to stop giving your work away for free.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And please leave me a Rating and Review!
“When I was 12 years old I knew I wanted to be a madman.”
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- How to keep in touch with your professional contacts [12:50]
- How to balance your human soul with your business [14:35]
- Types of pro bono work Jason does with advertising [15:30]
- How to get started giving back [16:10]
- How to find the balance in charity work [21:00]
- What the word influencer means to Jason [23:24]
- What Jason’s routines and rituals are [32:54]
- How often Nick does breathwork [40:20]
- How is ayahuasca like therapy [40:47]
- The Soulful Art of Persuasion: The 11 Habits That Will Make Anyone a Master Influencer by Jason Harris