131: Nick Onken – 8 Must Reads for Creative Entrepreneurs
Creativity, Full Time Hustler, Hobbyist, Mindset, Money & Business, Non-Traditional Creative, Personal Growth, Podcast, Productivity, Relationships, Seasoned Professional, Weekend Warrior
Real artists will take the time to create a business around what their craft.
Today I’m sharing with you some of the books that have helped me along my creative and entrepreneurial journey. Some of these books are what got me started down this path of art and commerce, and others are ones I have found helpful along my journey. If you’re an artist looking to build a business with your craft, I think you’ll find these books really helpful.
I also want to invite you to join the Nion Life Community over on Facebook. There you’ll find likeminded creatives and an place where you can ask questions, get inspired, and collaborate.
You have to figure out the puzzle pieces to put together the life that you want.
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- Book #1: The War of Art by Steven Pressfield [1:45]
- What is the resistance [2:05]
- Book #2: Real Artists Don’t Starve by Jeff Goins [2:35]
- How to become your own sponsor [3:00]
- Book #3: Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon [3:15]
- Why you should read the physical Steal Like an Artist book [3:50]
- Book #4: Show Your Work by Austin Kleon [4:00]
- Book #5: The Four Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss [4:20]
- Why you have to design your own life [4:40]
- Book #6: Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazzi [5:15]
- Why relationships are key [5:30]
- Book #7: The Perennial Seller by Ryan Holiday [6:00]
- The importance of creating a platform for yourself [6:30]
- Book #8: Damn Good Advice by Georgie Lois [6:55]
- Why I listen to audiobooks [7:35]
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- Real Artists Don’t Starve by Jeff Goins
- Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon
- Show Your Work by Austin Kleon
- The Four Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss
- Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazzi
- The Perennial Seller by Ryan Holiday
- Damn Good Advice by Georgie Lois
- Listen to my episode about my secret weapons for reading books fast