72: Nick Onken – 3 Tips on Pushing Through Creative Plateaus
The creative block always happens, no matter where you are in your journey.
If you’re an artist or a creative, chances are you’ve hit a creative plateau. Making it difficult to create something new and causing problems with seeing how to get out of the slump, creative plateaus are a part of the process.
This week, I’m talking about creative plateaus and how to get out of them. I’ve definitely gone through my share of these periods (in fact I’m in one right now), and there are a few things that I have found that really help me push through.
Listen in to hear my tips about how to push and grow through your own creative plateau to stay innovative and adventurous.
You have to get through the struggle to get to flow.
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- Creative plateaus are a part of the creative process [1:15]
- What is a creative plateau [1:20]
- Why plateaus are shorter at the beginning of your artistic journey [1:45]
- Why it has gotten harder to expand my default [2:30]
- Why you have to keep pushing yourself [3:40]
- The importance of a fresh perspective [4:20]
- Why I loved the 100 Day Project [5:10]