77: Nick Onken – My Top Travel Destinations
I’ve been to over 70 countries at this point, and life has been an epic journey.
I often get asked what my favorite travel destination is, and it’s a hard question to answer because it’s always changing. I love different places for different reasons.
Today I’m telling you my top 12 travel destinations and why I love them. I’ve been to over 70 countries at this point – life has been an epic journey, and I’m so grateful for the experiences that have taken me all over the world.
This year I’m hoping to travel to some new places as well as visiting some that I’ve already been to so I can explore more.
I’ve been a lot of places where you think it’s going to be something and you go and it just doesn’t quite meet your expectations of the images you had in your head.
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- The first country at the top of my list is Cuba [2:00]
- Why Cuba is a photographer’s paradise [2:30]
- The otherworldliness of Iceland [3:10]
- Why I loved the nomadic cultures in Mongolia [4:10]
- How Japan juxtaposes itself [4:45]
- The beautiful design of Japan [5:05]
- Why I love the north side of Oahu [6:20]
- The beautiful architecture and food of the Greek Islands [7:30]
- The charm, nostalgia, and romance of Paris [8:40]
- Why I want to go back to Morocco [9:35]
- The countries I would go back to for work [10:20]
- How epic Antarctica is [11:25]
- The intensity of India [14:05]
- The fascinating culture of Israel [15:00]
- Music Credit: Subtract & Divide by j. roosevelt x Lea Beiley