110: Nick Onken – Twelve Things I Learned in 2016
That’s what creating your moments is all about – taking a proactive approach to life.
Welcome to the first episode of 2017! What a year it has been – there have been a lot of amazing moments, but I have also been put through the ringer, just like a lot of people I’ve talked to.
I think it’s super important to acknowledge the things I’ve learned this year so that I can take action with them. I’ve learned a lot this year, and they were all very different lessons from last year. I want to kick off this year by sharing what I’ve learned with you.
The more you rock the boat and create ripples in your ocean, the more opportunities will come back and find you.
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- The importance of self care [3:10]
- Why you have to create for yourself, even in the slow times [4:50]
- Don’t be a victim [6:35]
- Why you should wear a helmet [7:15]
- Why reinventing is harder than starting [8:05]
- Change your state of mind [9:00]
- Be proactive [11:00]
- Why you have to let things go [12:15]
- Make lemonade [13:40]
- Why you have to have empathy [14:40]
- Appreciation over expectation [15:35]
- Show your appreciation [16:25]