184: Todd & Tara Youngblood – Chilling Your Way to Better Sleep
“So much of the population just doesn’t care enough about sleep.”
This week’s episode is all about one of my favorite pasttimes: sleep! I am super stoked to talk about this topic because I am all about hacking my sleep. I sat down with Todd and Tara Youngblood, a married couple from Charlotte, North Carolina who are the inventors of the chiliPAD, the most genius revolutionary thing that I have experienced.
What is it? Haven’t you heard? The chiliPAD is, simply put, a cooling system for your bed.
Well, Tara calls herself a sleep geek and she put all of that geekiness into her new book, Reprogram Your Sleep. We talk all about how to get better sleep, how the chiliPAD works, and some of her favorite sleep facts, like what is happening to your body when you are lucid dreaming.
Listen in to hear Todd and Tara Youngblood explain how to figure out your sleep switch, how sleep really works, and why temperature matters when you sleep.
And after you’ve finished listening, you can head over to their site to begin your journey to the coolest sleep of your life with a special offer from us to you with love! Use the code Nick15 for 15% off the OOLER and Nick25 for 25% off the chiliPAD.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And please leave me a Rating and Review!
“We kind of talk ourselves into thinking we are better than we are at sleep.”
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- Why Tara calls herself a sleep geek [1:15]
- What are the principles to the recipe for good sleep [1:48]
- How does the chiliPAD work [4:00]
- How to figure out your sleep cycle [10:00]
- How to adjust your sleep schedule when traveling [14:00]
- How can you fall back asleep if you wake up in the night [18:00]
- Where does Tara get her sleep knowledge [23:00]
- When did Tara hit her sleep rock bottom [23:15]
- What is the problem with medical studies [24:10]
- How do you know how much sleep you need [26:20]
- What is the difference between the amount of sleep and sleep density [29:15]
- What factors affect your REM sleep [30:20]
- Is it normal for an adult to wake up to use the bathroom in the night [37:10]
- How to fall asleep more easily [38:25]
- How to define sleep drive [40:12]
- What is the nerdiest sleep fact [41:00]
- What can lucid dreaming do for your brain [43:20]
- How does lucid dreaming work [43:45]
- Get a copy of Reprogram Your Sleep: The Sleep Recipe that Works by Tara Youngblood
- Get a copy of The Power of When: Discover Your Chronotype – and the Best Time to Eat Lunch, Ask for a Raise, Have Sex, Write a Novel, Take Your Meds, and More by Michael Breus