161: Experimenting with Plant Medicine
“It’s like if you got shot by a bullet and it got lodged in your body. Well you’re not just going to leave it in there. You’re going to want to excavate it.”
Have you ever felt totally trapped by how you react and sometimes overreact to situations? Like you’re not in control and by the time you know what’s happening, the damage has been done? This kind of behavior is often caused by deeply rooted trauma that can take years of therapy to overcome.
But what if there was an easier way? A backdoor into your subconscious where you can work on taking care of that trauma?
Today’s episode of NION Radio is all about my journey with plant medicine and the power I see in it as a tool for growth, both personally and creatively. I go over my recent experience at Rhythmia in Costa Rica, the different medicines and their effects, and how creatives can benefit from these experiences.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And please leave me a Rating and Review!
“Ayahuasca is a big tool for clearing those subconscious traumas.”
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- Nick’s first experimentation with plant medicine and how that changed his outlook on life [1:16]
- What Nick experienced at Rhythmia in Costa Rica [2:40]
- How plant medicine can help you dig down deep into your subconscious and heal wounds from the past [5:17]
- How Ayahuasca works and how it works differently in different people [7:38]
- What Nick learned about himself and his past [11:32]
- Why clearing out your negative energies increases your creative flow [13:46]
- The understated importance of our gut [14:49]