142: Emily Fletcher – Tools to De-Stress Your Mind and Body
Are you willing to invest 2% of your day to make the other 98% better?
Emily Fletcher is a three time returning guest. A meditation teacher and creator of the Ziva Technique, Emily taught me everything I know about meditation, and I’ve been a huge advocate of the practice every since I learned three years ago. Meditation has been a huge part of my creative journey and has helped me get rid of anxiety and stress.
Emily has a new master class about just that: reducing stress. Listen in as she talks about different tools, meditation specifically, to help you de-stress your mind and body on a daily basis. She also is sharing new updated neuroscience around meditation, including new benefits and ways to use a meditation practice to hack your creative flow. Check out Emily’s Stress Solution.
To me manifesting simply means consciously creating a life you love.
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- What’s new in the world of Ziva Meditation [4:10]
- The difference between mindfulness and meditation [5:10]
- How stress gets stored in your body [7:10]
- How epigenetic control your genes [8:50]
- Some of Emily’s favorite new science [10:45]
- The power of manifesting [14:30]
- What kind of teaching Emily is doing now [18:15]
- What a mantra is and how to use them [19:50]
- How meditation helps with creative performance [22:40]
- Why you should combine discipline and flow [27:55]
- What Emily has been doing for the past year [32:35]
- What is the biggest myth about meditation [35:00]
- Why people need to make time to meditate [40:20]
- Emily has a new masterclass about stress management [41:50]
- The top books Emily is reading now [43:15]
- What happens when you meditate when you’re pregnant [45:30]
- What has shifted for me since I started meditating [52:00]
- Listen to Emily Fletcher’s previous episodes: Episode 66 + Episode 101
- Take Emily’s new online course
- Check out The Stress Solution
- Read the books mentioned in this episode: