158: Nick Onken – Exploring The Deeper World Around Us
“I think a lot of my self worth in the earlier times in my career was found in who and what I was shooting, and there was a point where that kind of fell to the wayside.”
Welcome to this week’s episode of NION Radio. Recently, I did an episode of the podcast with Allyn Reid about how she found her calling by going through a spiritual experience known as the dark night of the soul, where you question your entire existence, your spiritual beliefs, and your place in the world. After some difficult life events I have gone through, I have experienced my own dark night of the soul, struggling with what it means to be a human on this Earth and a soul in this body. Through a lot of work, I have come out on the other side spiritually transformed and am so excited to tell you about what I’ve learned and what can help you on your own path towards understanding the deeper world around us and inside of yourself.
Listen in to learn what can help you on your own spiritual path towards understanding the deeper world around us and inside of yourself.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And please leave me a Rating and Review!
“Just 5% of our thoughts are conscious; 95% is unconscious.”
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- Nick’s recent dark night of the soul [1:27]
- How breath work along with meditation has aided Nick in his spiritual journey [5:59]
- The books that inspired all of Nick’s spiritual work [6:56]
- How psychedelic drugs are being used to help people suffering from PTSD and depression [9:10]
- What many plant medicines do to help heal past traumas [10:37]
- A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind
- Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing the Uncommon
- How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence
- Check out my Psychedelic Therapy playlist on Spotify
- ManTalks Podcast
- Check out the books that have helped me on my journey