182: Aaron Alexander – Integrating Movement Into Your Lifestyle
“We’re not just working on the physical body itself, we’re working with the person’s humanity.”
On today’s episode, we sat down for an in-depth chat with Aaron Alexander, host of the Align Podcast and an expert in movement therapy. Aaron recently published the book The Align Method: 5 Movement Principles for a Stronger Body, Sharper Mind, and Stress-Proof Life to encourage more people to see physical exercise as one facet of their regular lives, rather than a once-daily routine punishment.
We had plenty to talk about, from the relationship your senses have to your physiology and how to define trauma to the high costs of self-care. We also discuss each other’s egos, my greatest fears, and why Aaron is so skeptical of gurus.
Listen in to our conversation to learn what the Alignment Method is, how to change your perception of pain, and why Nick started his popular podcast.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And please leave me a Rating and Review!
“How do we pay greater attention to what’s happening in this little moment?”
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- What is the Alignment Method [1:22]
- How do the senses affect physiology [2:55]
- How do you practice your perception [5:20]
- What is the method behind the Alignment Method [7:00]
- What is the definition of trauma [14:35]
- How Aaron changed his perception of pain [17:20]
- How do we handle each other’s egos [21:19]
- The psychological interplay of working with the body [28:00]
- What is rolfing [29:35]
- How would Nick describe his voice [35:00]
- How to describe self-love [51:31]
- The high cost of self-care [54:00]
- How to decide when you need a coach [56:30]
- How psychedelics are being used to treat addiction [1:00:06]
- How to integrate fitness into your life [1:00:55]
- How often does Nick think about death [1:13:45]
- What are Nick’s biggest fears [1:17:15]
- Why is Aaron skeptical of gurus [1:19:35]
- How to address death [1:21:20]
- Why did Nick start his podcast [1:28:51]
- The Align Method: 5 Movement Principles for a Stronger Body, Sharper Mind, and Stress-Proof Life by Aaron Alexander
- The Align Method 7-day Free Trial