95: Nick Onken – Three Steps to Creating Your Sandbox
Creativity, Full Time Hustler, Hobbyist, Mindset, Money & Business, Non-Traditional Creative, Personal Growth, Podcast, Productivity, Seasoned Professional, Weekend Warrior
Creating your sandbox is about creating the structure and time to play.
This week on the show, I’m talking about your sandbox. I’ve mentioned the sandbox on the show many times before, and it’s something that I got from my good friend Elle Luna. Your sandbox is a space where you can play with your art without boundaries or expectations, where you can experiment and try new techniques or subjects. Listen in as I tell you how to create your sandbox in three steps.
Creating your sandbox takes capital, sacrifice, and discipline.
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- What creating a sandbox means [1:30]
- How to practice your craft [2:00]
- Why you need capital to create your sandbox [2:50]
- The importance of having discipline [4:30]
- What sacrifices you’ll have to make [5:30]
- Check out my ShopTalk Radio episode with Elle Luna
- Read The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- Music Credit: For You by Mercy