42: Jairek Robbins – How To Create Your Dream Life
As much as you want to create, it’s out there for you, as long as you help others.
In order to live your life to the fullest, you have to identify the kind of life you want. But how do you begin to do that? Start by envisioning your ideal day: Who is in it? What do you do? What are the important parts?
This is what Jairek Robbins asks his clients to do. Jairek is a coach, and develops solutions to help individuals, companies, and everyone in between achieve their goals. He didn’t always see the path, or know what his goals were, but he has developed a system. This system has helped him and many others master their own lives.
This interview really struck a chord with me. I was reminded of my new series, How to Make a Career in Art. Jairek talks about the lifestyle he wanted, and how he found a journey doing work he loves to lead him to that lifestyle. If you’ve been moved by How to Create a Career in Art, I think you’ll really enjoy this interview.
Thank you for listening. Let’s dive into my conversation with Jairek Robbins.
Make your life your message so that your actions speak so loudly that you don’t have to say a word.
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- The effect of growing up in the personal development arena, going to seminars [4:05]
- His passion for people [4:45]
- Why his Semester at Sea changed his perspective [6:15]
- How a terrible case of malaria started to change his perspective [9:15]
- How he found a way to live the lifestyle he wanted while still helping people [13:45]
- The influence of his parents on his life [16:45]
- How he balances his life of pushing himself while also keeping centered and healthy [19:45]
- The three levels of balancing life: self mastery, mastery of your relationship, mastery of a third party like a child or a dog [20:45]
- How people flip the switch to finally live the life they want [29:15]
- How to know if you’re ready to find out the reason you’re alive [32:30]
- How to envision your perfect day and focus on the most important parts of your life [36:05]
- The importance of health, emotions, and family life [37:55]
- He teaches the tools to turn your ideal into a reality, push yourself to commit to living that reality, and then pay forward what has worked for you [45:35]
- How to build your emotional, mental, and spiritual muscles [49:15]
- Why sometimes you have to start small [51:00]
- His tactics for pushing himself to self mastery [52:15]
- How to set up a morning routine [58:15]
- The necessity of turning off and unwinding [1:04:15]
- Figure out what you love, figure out if you can do it for free, and then how to monetize that opportunity [1:07:15]
- Live every ounce that life has to offer, and act from your spirit [1:13:15]
- Learn more about Pencils of Promise
- Let’s build a school together
- Check out Seal Fit by Mark Divine and the organization
- Live It: Achieve Success by Living a Purpose by Jairek Robbins
- The Power of Habits by Charles Duhigg
- The Intention Experiment by Lynne McTaggart
- Join Jairek and the team on a Rapid Results Retreat
- Love listening to Jairek? You can hear more of him on his podcast
- Music Credit: Then Comes the Wonder by The Landing